I just finished reading the Da Vinci Code and I have the sunburn to prove it. This Saturday i picked up a copy of it on paperback. It was practically impossible for me to put this thing down. I went to the beach this weekend and I got a severe burn cause I just sat there in my chair the entire day reading and reading. I have the weirdest tan-line. You can see my two arms coming together and a white box shape on my chest. HA!
Here are my thoughts on the book...
- It is an amazing work of fiction!
- It is probably the best "Novel Type" book I've ever read.
- Dan brown makes you feel like you know the characters. You even begin to sympathize with them, and have your own private conversations with then as you read their stories.
- I strongly urge every pastor to read this book, and do as much research as you can on the artifacts, and the historical facts that are found in the book.
- As a Pastor I can't in good conscious recommend the book. Why? If you are not strong in your faith and walk with God, a book like this can cause a lot of confusion. It uses a lot of factual event's, structures/buildings/landmarks, and historical characters that can entice you into believe the false depiction of Jesus found in the book.
What are you thoughts on the book?
What are you doing to prepare yourself on the topic?
What is your Church doing in response to this book and the up coming movie?
What can I do to be prepared to answer questions once the movie comes out?